Internet Distribution Systems IDS
The Global Distribution Systems (GDS) provides consumers the ability to book airline tickets, hotel rooms and rental cars through Internet gateways called the Internet Distribution System (IDS). The Internet Distribution System is a collection of more than 2000 internet reservation systems, travel websites, online reservation systems and travel portals which specialize in internet marketing of travel and related services directly to consumers. These online systems have distinctive features that can be used to drive potential travelers to a given destination and/or travel company. Unlike booking through a travel agent or tour operator, any consumer with access to the World Wide Web has the ability to book travel on their own.
The Internet Distribution System offers technology that allows customers to build complete trips that combine flights, hotels and other lodging, transportation, and destination activities. Travelers have the ability to research, plan, and book their travel needs from a broad selection of partners. Technology allows the travel suppliers to change offers quickly so consumers may find great last minute deals to purchase.
So why is it important to be visible via the Internet Distribution System? The simple answers is, the more Internet distribution channels you are on, the more likely you are to be booked. The advantages include the following:
- Visibility on the Internet to Anyone, Anytime and Anywhere, 24/7
- Seamless connectivity to thousands of travel websites with inventory availability
- Offers presented to the consumer in to 21 major languages
- Increase ROI and revenue by direct sales to travelers
- Ability to change rates quickly based on demand
- Reduce "No-Shows" by guaranteed reservations
- Receive payment instantly
- Reduce support staff who has to build TA relations
- Decrease administration costs
- Manage "last minute" bookings effectively
- Maximize occupancy, ADR and Revenue
- Establish pricing strategy for each unit
- Capture reviews and important marketing statistics
Hospitality Performance Group will provide you the ability to manage the Internet Distribution System by:
- Getting your property loaded on all Internet reservation systems
- Helping you load all property information with focus on keyword density.
- Loading room-types & information about room amenities with focus on keyword & key phrase density.
- Writing professional SEO content pages
- Optimizing content
- Loading photos, maps, etc.
- Loading rates, specials, packages, allotments, cut-off dates & minimum length of stays
- Maintaining allotments (open/closed) based on market demand
- Monitoring actions and rates of competitive hotels.
- Mining data through guest reviews
- Providing periodic analysis reports
- Building appropriate links
- Insuring your META NAME= "DESCRIPTION" CONTENT and META NAME= "KEYWORD" CONTENT is correct
- Updating your website regularly
- Your hotel will be competitively placed and well presented on the Internet Distribution System
- You will save your reservation agent’s time to focus on quality service.
- By focusing on direct customers, you will get more satisfied guests.
- You will save your sales manager time to focus on building relations with corporate customers
- Your will save your revenue manager time to focus on marketing strategy analysis
- It is an effective and easy way to place your hotel on the Internet market.
- Internet Market is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- It is extensively used by travel agents and some travel websites.
- It allows you implement an online distribution strategy – offer your inventory to new online distribution channels is an effective method to capture new market share.